Hopefully we'll be able to take trips to our local Toy Library to see other Moms & kids and maybe spring will show up soon so we can head to the park! But for all the other days, this is my compilation of ideas:
- Dancing - she loves when we put on music and dance around the house
- Crafts: Paint w/ Water, Colouring, Painting
- Finger Painting with Pudding OR Yoghurt - yummy!
- Playdough - regular or homemade (see recipes)
- A sink full of bubbles and some tools (sieve, spoon, measuring spoons & cups, funnel, towels, smock)
- Balloons - inflate a couple and toss around
- Spray bottle of water & a dishcloth - help mommy clean the house! (I clean my windows with water and a special microfiber cloth. She gets to help and it is actually helping the windows get clean)
- Toy Wash - basin of soapy water (on a big towel), a scrub brush and some plastic toys. Fun for her & gets her toys cleaned up!
- Shaving Cream Fun: Fill a large ziploc bag with shaving cream foam. Add a few drops of food colouring. Seal & tape. Let child mix & manipulate. Later at bathtime, clip off the corner of the bag and they can have fun squirting in in the tub and drawing pictures in it.
- Greeting Card Puzzles: Using a few used greeting cards, cut out a square in each picture. Now the child needs to figure out which square fits with which greeting card.
- Flashlights in a dark room
- Indoor Sand Box: Tub of oatmeal or Rice (uncooked of course!). Play with it using small cars, spoons, funnels, etc.
- Sorting Laundry into same colours, matching socks, etc.
- Nature Hike - wonder around with a pail, picking up leaves & rocks & such. Perhaps making a collage later at home.
- Build a Fort - couch cushions, blankets, chairs, etc.
- Homemade Paint w/ Water using contruction paper & paint brush dipped in water
- Works of Art created and then mailed to family members
There's also trips to the library, grocery store, swimming pool in a nearby town, playdates with friends, visits to Grandparents, and going for walks.
Do you have some more ideas for me??