* FLOWER - Arrange cupcakes in a circle with one in the middle at the far side of a large platter. Use green construction paper to create a large stem & leaf.
* PIRATE - sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over white frosting and decorate with gold covered coins.
* PRINCESS - Pink frosting strewn with edible glitter and rose petals
* BABY SHOWER - Draw a baby face on each cupcake with icing, or simply pile up the frosting and stand a frosted animal cracker on top.
* BRIDAL SHOWER - Top with sugared edible flowers or candied fruit
* BIRTHDAY - Ice one letter on each cupcake and arrange to read "HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Child's Name)" on large serving tray
(I should have arranged this on a bigger platter to make it more flattering)
* SUNFLOWERS - Chocolate or yellow frosting with candy corn trimmed with a halo of orange candy corn 'petals'
* VALENTINE's DAY - Red Velvet cake with an inner core of chocolate and frosted with more chocolate. Top with candy hearts, kisses, or X's & O's.
* ST PATRICK's DAY - Green, Green and more Green.
*MUD / DIRT - Sprinkle chocolate frostinng with crushed chocolate cookies and have a candy worm slithering out of the center.
* EASTER - White cake and frosting. Cut marshmallows in half diagonally to form ears (frost the insides pink). Two more marshmallows make cheeks and a mini marshmallow cut in half makes bunny teeth. Use tiny candies for eyes; finish with a pink jelly bean nose.
* EASTER 2 - Sprinkle with coconut and nestle a few jelly beans in center
* HALLOWEEN - Ice with chocolate frosting and make spider legs with licorice and give them red cinnamon candies for eyes.
* DOGS / PUPPIES - Ice with chocolate frosting. Using crackers, one large brown candy and two smaller candies, and gel icing, create a puppy face.
(This was done for a Puppy Party my friend's 5yr old wanted)
* CHRISTMAS - Top with marshmallow snowmen, candy canes, or gingerbread figures.
* CHRISTMAS 2 - Ice half of your cupcakes in white and the other half in red. Alternate on large platter in the shape of a candy cane. *Option* Sprinkle them with crushed candy canes
* CANDY-TOPPED - Arrange candies on top in whatever design pleases you.
~~Decorate the tops with a variety of smarties or other small candy.
~~Arrange green & red smarties in a Christmas Wreath shape
~~Arrange gumdrops & jube jube in a flower shape (summer flower or Christmas Pointsettia)
~~Create a spider with black jube jubes and black licorice
If you are searching for a particular theme of cupcake, Google it! It's amazing all the ideas that are out there and many sites include the instructions on how to make it as well.
Disney's Family Fun Website: http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/specialfeature/cupcake-finder-birthday/